MALAYSIAN GREEN TECHNOLOGY & CLIMATE CHANGE CENTRE (MGTC)
Malaysian Green Technology and Climate Change Centre (MGTC) was formerly known as the Malaysian Green Technology Corporation or GreenTech Malaysia. MGTC is a government agency under the purview of the Ministry of Environment & Water, mandated to lead the nation in the areas of Green Growth, Climate Change Mitigation and Climate Resilience and Adaptation.
Under Green Growth, MGTC focuses on the three key areas of:
- Green Incentives and Certification
– Green Incentives
– Green Financing
– Green Labelling and Certification
- Green Advisory and Capacity Building
– Green Advisory and Consultancy
– Roadmap/Action Plan Development
– Green Skills and Competency Development
- Green Promotion and Investment
– Green Investment
– Business Matching
– Green Business Promotion and Exhibition
- With its recently expanded scope, MGTC now focuses on Climate Change Mitigation and Climate Change Adaption through the following roles:
– Policy Analysis
– National Reporting
– National Programmes Coordination
– Climate Change Mitigation
– Climate Change Adaptation
– Focal Point for Climate Change Mitigation and Adaption Data
– Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA)
(The National focal point under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the Climate Change Policy Division of the Ministry of Environment.)
MGTC is the Implementing Agency for Malaysia’s participation at Expo 2020 Dubai. Under the theme of “Energising Sustainability”, Malaysia Pavilion will have four segments – Energising Today, Energising Tomorrow, Energising Business and Energising Harmony.
MGTC Chief Executive Officer, Ts. Shamsul Bahar Mohd Nor, is the Project Director for the Malaysia Pavilion. The Malaysia Pavilion Director is Michelle Lau Sook Yee, who together with her team manages and operates the pavilion in implementing and executes the activities and programmes.
MGTC was also the Implementing Agency for Malaysia’s Participation at the International Specialised Expo 2017 Astana themed “Future Energy” held in Astana (now Nur-Sultan), Kazakhstan.