Technology adoption and commercialisation are the pinnacle of R&D activities. Many countries including Malaysia have invested sizeable funds in R&D&C&I which have created significant impact to wealth creation and societal well-being through commercialisation of Intellectual properties (IPs), technologies, products and services.
In a move to help accelerate the country’s commercialisation efforts, the Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation Malaysia and its agency, Technology Park Malaysia, will debut Malaysia’s weekly thematic trade and business programmes at Expo 2020 Dubai by hosting the “Commercialisation: From Lab to International” Week.
Through this programme, Malaysia envisages to:
- Promote and market Malaysian IPs, technologies, products and services to the world
- Promote Malaysia as the soft landing centre for innovation and commercialisation hub for viable technology-based products and services fit for the ASEAN market
- Foster collaborations in commercialisation activities which include funding, IP, research, technology scouting, business matching and networking
- Establish Collaborators and MoU partners on international Co-Incubation, Co-R&D&C&I of product and services initiatives in enhancing commercialisation success
- Promote Malaysia’s Technology Innovation Sandbox and Testbed for promising technology products and services.
WHAT TO EXPECT:
The programme focus will include IP Monetisation, smart partnerships, internationalisation through co-incubation initiatives, commercialisation success stories as well as technology showcase for the global market.
It will feature a delegation of several Malaysian start-ups, innovators and export-ready enterprises who will take part in transnational business-matching sessions, product presentations, pocket talks, technology demonstrations, coaching clinics and business MoU exchanges. The companies comprise those in the sectors of ICT, Advanced Engineering, Advanced Material, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Healthcare, Cosmetics and Medical Technologies, among others.
The ultimate objective is to provide a platform to explore opportunities for global commercialisation collaboration and foster closer partnership and network to scale-up the companies’ growth.